Benefits of Ultraflor & Silex Systems
Ultraflor & Silex Polished Concrete Systems Benefits
- Meets criteria for LEED Qualifying floors
- High reflectivity of polished concrete requires reduced lighting and less energy usage.
- Concrete floors retain heat during cold weather and stay cooler in warmer weather reducing energy consumption.
- The re-use of an existing concrete surface reduces materials and energy usage to replace or cover the surface.
- Application requires no run-off into waste water or ground water.
- Reduces chemical cleaning and chemical usage - neutral cleaner or water are usually sufficient.
- Polished concrete floors last longer than floor coverings reducing energy and raw materials needed to replace or cover the surface.
- Significantly reduces maintenance and repair work.
LEED 4 ENVIRONMENTAL BUILDING CREDITS
|INTEGRATED PROCESS CREDIT CATEGORY||IP CREDIT INTEGRATIVE PROCESS|
|ENERGY AND ATMOSPHERE||EA CREDIT 1 - OPTIMIZE ENERGY PERFORMANCE|
|MATERIALS AND RESOURCES||MR CREDIT 1 - BUILDING LIFE CYCLE IMPACT
MR CREDIT 4 - BUILDING PRODUCT DISCLOSURE AND OPTIMIZATION
INGREDIENT - OPTION 1
|INDOOR ENVIRONMENTAL QUALITY||EQ CREDIT 2 - LOW EMITTING MATERIAL
EQ CREDIT 5 - THERMAL COMFORT DESIGN
|INNOVATION IN DESIGN||ID CREDITS 1-4 NC & CS: 1-5 POINTS; SCHOOL
ID CREDIT 1 - SCAQMD RULE #1113 VERIFICATION
ID CREDIT 3 - MATERIALS MINIMIZATION/RECYCLABILITY
ID CREDIT 4 (EQ NC) - POST OCCUPANCY SURVEY