The Benefits of ULTRAFLOR Architectural Polished Concrete Systems are Extraordinarily Friendly.
Now you can balance sustainability with durability without compromising the aesthetics.
Some of the Environmental Benefits of the ULTRAFLOR Polished Concrete System include:
- High reflectivity of polished concrete reduces lighting requirements and conserves energy
- Concrete floors retain heat during cold weather and stay cooler in warmer weather reducing energy consumption
- Using concrete as a finish flooring surface presents true Value Engineering (VE) reducing the energy and materials required for covering slab on grade floors.
- Application requires no run-off into wastewater or ground water.
- Ultraflor chemicals and guard products are considered low emitting VOC coatings and treatments
- Ultraflor systems improve the IEQ (indoor environmental quality) of a building as concrete does not mold or rot or collect allergens
- Reduces chemical cleaning and chemical usage – neutral cleaner or water is usually sufficient.
- Polished concrete floors last longer than floor coverings reducing energy and raw materials needed to replace or cover the surface.
- Significantly reduces maintenance and repair work.
- Use of concrete can reduce jobsite waste and disposal as concrete can be ordered in exact amounts. The same is true for the installation of the Ultraflor Diamatop material.
The following is a sub-list of LEED V3 Credits applicable to the products used in the ULTRAFLOR ARDEX DIAMATIC Polished Concrete System. The adjacent chart outlines the LEED credits associated with each product.
Regional Materials and Resources
- MR Credit 1.1 & 1.2 Building Reuse
- MR Credit 5.1 & 5.2 Regional Materials
Indoor Environmental Air Quality
- EQ 4.1 Low-Emitting Materials Adhesives & Sealants
- EQ 4.2 Low-Emitting Materials Paints & Coatings
- EQ 4.3 Low Emitting Materials Flooring Systems
Energy & Atmosphere
- EA Credit 1 Optimize Energy Performance
(Polished surface reflects light reducing the need for lighting fixtures)
- SS 7.1 Heat Island Effect (this applies to exterior concrete and paving only)
Click the image below for full size